I am currently a Senior Research Scientist at Stevens Institute of Technology. Previously I was a Visiting Professor at Southern Methodist University and Lecturer at Yale. My current work involves research is at the intersection of artificial intelligence, machine learning, music theory, and programming languages. I am also a composer and have dabbled in other creative areas in the past, and I have a life-long interest in aquariums, fish, and aquatic invertebrates. This site contains information on various areas of my research, other work, and hobbies.
I published an origami book!
Other Recent Work
Knight On Your Other Right, my latest algo-jazz.
Lightning Bug, an audio-visual work from July 2020:
How can I get updates on new pieces and/or research?
There are a few ways:
- SoundCloud if you just want to hear new music I make as I release it.
- BandCamp if you want to support my music-making.
- Subscribe to me on YouTube if you want music visualizations and occasional research-related videos.
- If you only want to know what I update libraries I maintain (like Euterpea), just watch the repo for that project/library on GitHub and you’ll get notified when there are issue/bug reports or updates to the source.
- Follow or friend me on Facebook for a mix of other sorts of updates on my work. You can just follow me on Facebook (without friending) if you only want sparse updates on major projects. If you friend me, you’ll see bits and pieces of my work more frequently you’ll also get other shared things that I find humorous (typically bad music puns) and periodic pictures of things relating to my other hobbies. Please be aware that I typically only use the messenger app with family and close friends I’ve known for a long time, so don’t use that as a way to report problems with the libraries I maintain (use email or GitHub instead). I do not currently use Twitter or other social media sites.